Because of the fast pace of living, people and businesses are often obliged to move places and meanwhile need a safe and cost-efficient assistance. Even having a couple of friends at hand to help you pack, unpack and move your furniture, moving still remains a daunting and tiring process for everyone.
Hiring a professional removalist is a great assistance to carry out most if not all of your moving-related duties. Yet, you need to make an informed decision on your expenses to avoid budget blow-outs. With this in mind, preparing budget for moving is an important task to undertake in order to avoid hassles and additional expenses.
This article will guide you through the common moving costs and related considerations, as well as help you better plan your move.
How much does furniture removal cost?
When it comes to furniture removal, there is no black and white answer as to what is the price tag. The costs considerably depend on at least three factors, specifically:
- the distance of your move,
- the volume or amount of furniture and belongings you are planning to move,
- If you use a full-service removalist or pack your own stuff.
Given these factors, it is not feasible to provide an estimate for your furniture removal without closely considering your needs and specifications. Additionally, there are other moving costs you are likely to face which are discussed further in the article.
The distance of your move
The distance of your move is an essential factor to look at while attempting to get a quote on your furniture removal. Where you live and where you are planning to move matters a lot while calculating your overall moving expenses. You may want to move within your city or town, to a different state or internationally, that is, to a different country.
Most agencies charge based on how much time it takes to carry out your move. On that ground, the farther they need to take your belongings the more the charge will be. Usually they charge per hour or per project basis. Typically, hourly rates range from $80 to $300 depending on individual companies.
What is a Sydney local move?
As the term local implies, a Sydney local move is a move within Sydney or a move under 100 miles. It is believed to be easier and more affordable to plan, organize and execute as the distance between your home and your destination is not much of a problem. It is sometimes otherwise referred to as an intrastate move.
In case of local moves, the distance is less essential as opposed to the duration of the move. Roughly speaking, the duration plays a huge role on the cost of your move. Most movers charge $40 per hour per mover. You should bear in mind that removalists typically have a minimum charge which is approximately the charge of 2-4 hours’ work. This said, you will need to pay the minimal fee regardless whether your move will take 2-4 hours or less.
The amount of items you have also determines how much time the move will take and consequently how much it will cost on you. Hence, you may expect to pay up to $300 for moving a studio apartment with an average loading and transportation time of 3 hours. A three bedroom apartment will most likely cost between $600 and $1,200 with three movers that take 6-9 hours each. Local move for larger homes will require more time and will cost between $1,500 and $2,000. Houses with about 5,000 square feet will require about five movers and the average loading and transportation time would be 12 hours. Roughly, moving large houses may cost around $4,500-$5,000.
Additional fees for Sydney local move may apply, such as travel fee (fee for the movers to reach your place), additional movers, packing and unpacking, etc.
Sydney has a number of renowned local moving companies striving to provide prompt and seamless moving experience to customers. Most removalists focus on not only local, but also interstate and international removal. How can you find reputable moving company without going broke?
Hiring a local removalist that knows how to do the job is not as complicated as you might think. The first thing you need to do is ask for recommendations from friends, family or colleagues who have used local movers before. Bear in mind that big-name companies might not often suit your needs. You might get recommendations for local removalists that may not have the expected publicity or popularity but can seamlessly handle your move.
It is easier to locate an experienced removalist in your city by shortlisting the recommended companies, calling several of the options, comparing the prices and services they offer.
What is an interstate move?
Interstate moves typically refer to crossing the state borders for moving or transporting household goods. This means that your removal company will need to cross a state border because your destination is in another state or because you are moving within the same state but crossing state border is more efficient as it cuts the way half.
There are a lot of Australian interstate moving companies carrying out secure and trusted interstate moves. Most companies provide quotes and consultations making the moving process less stressful for households. The longer the distance of your move the harder it is to choose a reliable moving company. Interstate moving companies should obtain the right license to be able to carry your belongings to another state. When landing on a removalist, make sure they meet all the specific requirements for your move.
Carry out a small research to learn about your moving company and prepare your questions to address the company when discussing the details. Make sure your moving company takes extra measures to protect your items or whether you have to make use of individual services. Experienced movers have extensive knowledge of the location to avoid congested roads and delays.
When reputation and reliability are quite essential to choose interstate movers don’t underestimate the prices either. In case of interstate moves one decisive factor for cost is the total weight of your shipment. An interstate move for a three-bedroom apartment will cost you between $3,500 and $5,000 from Sydney to Melbourne. The price usually covers insurance and packing materials as well.
What is an international move?
International move is one that takes an overseas location as a destination. In spite of the excitement of moving internationally, it is also quite intimidating as more planning and care should be taken for a safe relocation. Therefore, it is necessary to start planning and obtaining necessary documents way before you move.
International relocation means of transportation are by road, ocean or air. To avoid stress and logistical nightmare of self-move, it is best to rely on a relocation company to arrange your move overseas. Typically, a great relocation company will choose the best option for you according to the country you are planning to move and your specific needs.
International moving companies should possess necessary certificates and license to transport houses, offices and all types of items from one country to another. This also demands more professionalism and responsibility compared with local movers. Apart from international moves, most international removalists also take care of local and interstate removals as part of their main services.
Finding the right international moving company may be a daunting process if you don’t have previous moving experience. This said, do your research well and make a shortlist of 3-5 companies. The next step is asking the right questions to land on a final decision. Ask your movers whether they are properly licensed and insured. Another consideration is what form of payment they accept. Most importantly, look for competitive rates to find the most affordable option for your move.
Costs involved in international moves typically exceed $5,000 depending on factors, such as the company you choose, total volume of your belongings, the season of your move and so on.
2. How much furniture and belongings you have
In addition to the distance of your move, a lot of your moving expenses depend on the volume of furniture and belongings you need to move to your target location. The more belongings you have the more movers will be required for the relocation. Consequently, the more your expenses will be.
It is quite hard to accommodate all your moving-related expenses if you have tight budget. You should closely consider the total weight of your shipment which mainly depends on whether you are moving a whole apartment, a few bedrooms or an office. Accordingly, you or the moving company will decide how many movers will be required for your relocation. The more movers you rent the faster your relocation will be performed. On the other hand, more movers mean more expenses.
What is a commercial relocation?
Commercial relocation is otherwise called office relocation. Today many businesses change their location and move to a new environment with a larger space or better conditions. Businesses have several reasons for relocation, such as targeting new customers, seeking new workforce, expanding business and so on.
To meet their needs, relocation companies provide commercial relocation services to businesses in order to make their move smoother and more efficient. Commercial relocation demands careful planning to avoid moving mistakes. Companies pay special attention to transporting office equipment, computers, office furniture and other facilities.
Office Relocation Companies
Choosing an efficient office relocation company is not an easy task as you need to make sure that your move will not disrupt your business profitability and workflow. On top of that, your mover should ensure safe and secure transportation of office items and equipment.
Interstate Removalists Sydney specialises in commercial relocation providing services such as pre-move planning, systems furniture installation, computer relocation, furniture disposal and recycling, warehouse relocation. These are the most essential services if you want to relocate your office. Bear in mind that your company manager should closely work with the moving team to carefully plan and execute your business move in a way to minimize your office downtime.
Office removalists usually base the price tag taking into account the square foot or the total area, number of employees of the office, number of movers, as well as the type of materials moved. The weight and volume of the materials also affects the total price of moving.
Small-sized office removal generally costs between $750-$4,500 while the price tag for medium-sized office relocation costs $1,500 – $9,000. Larger offices typically have to allocate around $5,000-$30,000 on their office move.
What is a House Moving?
House moving is an opportunity for families to start everything anew. Still, it can be one of the most stressful events given the logistical work and price involved. Transferring household possessions from one home to another can be a daunting process and each mistake involved may affect your budget.
Many households choose to hire a professional movers to help carry out their house relocation. House moving companies carefully transport whole houses locally or internationally without making households feel the pain of moving.
Most families that move places consider hiring a house mover to take care of their home relocation. The costs largely depend on the number of rooms and the volume and weight of the belongings. You may expect to be charged around $550 for one-bedroom apartment. A two-bedroom apartment will cost you about $650. A three-bedroom flat may cost between $750 and $1,000. For larger apartments, you should allocate around $1,000 – $1,800 for a local move.
Long distance house moving costs start at $3,500 for one bedroom apartments or studio houses. A two bedroom apartment with 900sq ft costs about $5,000-$6,500. Long distance relocation of larger apartments can be as expensive as $9,000-12,000.
Moving special items
Almost any house move or office relocation will come with moving special things, such as piano, pets, cars and antique possessions. Notably, these items are not easy to transport from one location to another as there is always the risk of them being lost, damaged or stolen. There are specialty companies that take charge of these errands but you may often find a full-service mover that will relocate your piano, pet or antique belongings as part of their services.
What is a piano moving?
An upright or a grand piano is an investment that requires special treatment. Upright pianos usually weigh up to 800 pounds while the grand piano can weigh 1000 pounds. This said, many people hire professional moving companies to handle the task of piano moving. There are specialty movers specialised in piano moving services transporting pianos locally or internationally. However, most of the house relocation companies also offer piano moving service as part of their services.
How much does it cost to move a piano?
Hiring a piano mover to transport your piano is worth the moving price. It takes a trained and experienced staff to handle the move of this delicate musical instrument.
There are typically two factors affecting the billing method of Piano removal companies.
- Hourly charges with minimum of 3 hours
- Fixed price based on the following factors:
- piano type,
- distance between your current and intended location,
- any obstacles, such as stairs and limited space,
- the staff size engaged in the move,
- waiting time, if applicable.
The cost of piano moving will also greatly depend on the company that you entrust your duties. Typically, costs involved in piano moving are generally as follows:
- If you are moving a piano locally, you may expect to be billed anywhere between $125 and $600.
- In case you have a long distance national move, you should expect to be charged between $700 and $2,000.
- International piano moves cost up to $3,500.
- You may also opt for an alternative solution, that is: hire a mover for packing, loading and unloading the piano only, and handle the move of your piano to your actual location on your own. This will help you cut down moving costs to up to $400.
What is pet transport?
If you own beloved pets you can’t simply leave them behind while moving. However, trusting your loved ones to a third party may seem quite challenging too. Many removalists take care of pet transport in an effective and safe manner leaving you content with the experience.
Pet transport is bound by certain rules on federal, state and local levels. Before landing a decision to choose a company, make sure they hold relevant certification, license and authority to move your pet across country or state.
What is the cost of pet transport service ?
The price for transporting a pet largely depends on the animal’s specific needs, country, as well as what transport mode is used (air, sea, road). Typically, pet air travel costs between $70-$1,000 depending on your pet size and character as well as the distance involved. International pet travel services may cost between $2,500-$3,000 which is worth the price to keep your best friend close. This sum often covers airline freight charges, health certificates, transit permits and other related services.
What is car transport?
Car transport is a professional service of shipping vehicles interstate or from one country to another. Many households prefer to move their car with a car transport company while moving out. Cars can be transported by plain, ship, train and trucks. Car transport does not merely assume transporting cars. It also refers to transporting other vehicles that you may own.
What is the cost of car transport?
Car transport costs typically start at $700.However, the price can vary from $500-$1300 depending on the following factors:
- Type of vehicle: it is most costly to transport bigger vehicles, such as vans and SUVs compared to sedans or compacts.
- The distance of transportation: shipping a car further costs more expensive than transporting locally.
- The location of the move: routs with obstacles such as in urban areas may add up to the overall price of transportation.
- Door-to-door or depot-to-depot: door-to-door is often more expensive compared to depot-to-depot.
- Fuel price: fuel cost is another variable that affects the total price of car transport.
- Time of shipment: if you can go without your car for quite a long time your car shipment will cost you less money compared to if you need your car transported as soon as possible.
What is antique moving?
Moving antiques, fine art, jewelry collection and other valuables is a difficult task and special care should be taken before and during shipping. With this in mind, many people opt for professional assistance when it comes to transporting their valuables.
Antique movers are specialized companies that carry out the packing and moving of high-priced artifacts without causing any damage. Antique movers exclusively meet customers’ needs who want to move items including but not limited to fine art, jewelry collections, statues, heirlooms, pottery, coin collections, sculptures, antique furniture, photographs and watches.
What is the cost of antique movers?
Art and antiques can be fragile and expensive, so it is necessary to properly transport them to the target location without causing any damage. The costs of shipping and transporting antiques largely depend on the volume and weight of the items, the value, as well as insurance. Antique movers calculate the costs of transporting by closely considering every single item to be shipped.
- Each item estimating $100 costs $0.55 – $4. Providing insurance for an item worth $500 could cost between $2.20- $16. As to the cost of a peace worth $5,000 you will need to allocate about $26-$196.
- Transportation of oil paintings with the value of $5,000 costs anywhere between $90 and $238. Insurance is often included in the price. The variation mostly depends on individual companies.
- Bulky items with a value of around $10,000 can cost $400-$900 to send from one state to another. The cost varies because of insurance prices. Some insurance companies charge around $1 per $100 while others may charge $4 per $100.
- Large and heavy works demand special handling, especially in case of moving galleries, collections and museum belongings. Transportation of such precious items may cost between $12,000 and $20,000 excluding the insurance.
Some movers and individuals make use of ready-made artwork shipping cases which are aimed at protecting paintings during the shipment. These cases usually cost between $150 and $250.
3. If you use a full-service removalist or pack your own stuff
What do full service removalists do?
Full service movers make your move a seamless experience by handling the whole process of moving on their own. More precisely, they take the responsibility of packing all your belongings, shipping them to your new location, unloading your stuff, unpacking them and finally arranging them on their designated places.
If you are short of time and don’t want to be involved in the hassle of arranging and packing, hiring a full service moving company is the best and the most optimal solution. You should be mindful, however, that while putting the burden on a full service mover may add convenience to your move, but the costs involved will be much higher than in the case of self-pack solution.
The two main services that often cause headache to households and businesses are packing and unpacking. Self-pack is a common practice among those who want to save a little on their move yet have to put some effort and time for these daunting tasks. Both ways are commonly accepted and practices. Do your research to decide which option will work best given your time and budget.
What is packing?
With the cost involved in moving, you are hardly considering any additional services that may add up to the overall price of your move. However, handling the packing of your belongings can turn a real nightmare if you don’t have previous experience and enough time. Needles to say, hiring a packing or unpacking service is worth the convenience and safety to protect your goods from damage during the move.
Professional packing includes wrapping, boxing, packing and sometimes unpacking of your possessions regardless of size and volume. As opposed to self-packing which can take you several weeks, it takes packing labor less than a day to fully get all your items ready for your move. Sometimes your moving company can take care of the packing of your belongings as part of their full service or you may contact separate packers to handle this task. Professional packing service is a worthwhile decision if you are short of time and nerves to carry it by yourself.
What is the Cost of packing?
The costs involved in professional packing usually depends on the volume of the belongings being packed, the materials that need to be used, and the time spent on packing. Packers may charge based on hourly rates or the volume of your possessions. The estimate of packing labor and material costs are presented as follows:
- One-bedroom apartment may cost about $300-$400 depending on the volume of items.
- Two-bedroom apartment may cost about $400-$500.
- Three-bedroom apartment can cost you about $600-$700.
- Apartments or houses with more than three rooms may cost around $900-$1,800.
These estimates may greatly vary from company to company and region to region. Request a quote from your selected packers and make an informed decision for the best packing solution. You may reduce the costs by selecting to pack only fragile and valuable items and handle the other belongings on your own.
What is unpacking?
Unpacking is the process of opening your stuff after you move to your new house or office and assembling and arranging them in suitable places. Many people unpack their stuff themselves and only then realize how exhausting and time-consuming unpacking may be. Many households end up having unopened boxes somewhere in their new house long time after moving.
Unpacking is a great solution for those:
- who have a high volume of belongings, limited amount of time after work and cannot get extra days off to unpack.
- who are parents that have to take care of children during the day.
- who already felt the pain of packing and cannot bare it once again.
- who need the job done as soon as possible or at a specific time because of approaching holidays or celebrations that will be held in the new house.
- who had a good deal with a packing service that is willing to do the unpacking with reasonable prices.
Breakdown of unpacking services
Unpackers have a lot of experience arranging everything in all types of houses. They know how to treat fragile and high-end items and where to place them. Hiring an unpacking service implies that the following tasks will be accomplished:
- opening all boxes and containers,
- unpacking and unwrapping goods and noting the damaged ones,
- cleaning and arranging shelves,
- organizing the whole house and placing the items in appropriate places,
- setting up items, such as bathroom supplies, shower curtains, hanging pictures and setting clocks,
- taking care of glassware and precious items,
- assembling furniture if the moving company did not take care of that,
- removal of all boxes and materials,
- recycling of all unnecessary items.
What is the cost of unpacking?
When you are on budget it is crucial to know the cost of unpacking before hiring an unpacking service. Luckily many unpacking services provide non obligatory quotes and you can compare the prices and the services offered for the best solution. You should carefully weigh the advantages and your savings to get full benefit of an unpacking service.
Unpacking costs usually depend on the size of your home and the number of boxes and containers. An average a three-bedroom home may cost about $730 to unpack. Half day services are also available which cost around $160. Typically, most companies unpack and arrange all items within one day. Additional costs may apply if you need work done in half day.
Packing materials and supplies
Choosing the right packing materials and supplies is essential to ensure the safety and security of your move. Packing boxes and materials do boost the costs of your move. However, if you want to prevent damage during your move, you should consider purchasing supplies specifically designed for transporting items.
To do justice to your budget, pay attention to the quantity of boxes and materials necessary for moving your belongings. Whether you need only a couple of boxes or different types of products, you should expect the following rates:
- Large boxes used for carrying light and bulky items, such as pots, pans, clothes, shoes, cushions cost $3.85.
- Medium boxes or book carton boxes are used for heavier items, such as DVDs, CDs, books, glassware, wine bottles, pantry, tools and bathroom items, to name just a few. These boxes are available for purchase at $2.97 and to hire at $2.18.
- Portable Wardrobe boxes with dimensions of 430 x 405 x 650(h) mm, ideal for light and bulky items, can be obtained for $15. The cost of the rent is around $11.
- Other products necessary during your move include tape dispenser ($10), picture frame box ($20), a tape roll ($3.85), wrapping paper ($18-$32). In addition, you might need a mattress protector ($5-$7), a sofa protector ($5-$7), dining chair protector ($4). In addition, to make your packing more efficient you may want to properly label your boxes and items with fragile stickers ($1.98) and cable identity stickers ($1.98).
In addition to the main services and costs involved in moving, additional services may be useful to make your move less stressful and more organized. Storage and move-out cleaning services are among the most required services. Hence, many companies try to cater customers’ needs by providing storage space or taking charge of move out cleaning.
If you are planning to move but your new house or office isn’t ready yet, you will have to consider additional storage space to keep your items safe for some time. Many full service movers provide convenient and secure storage space to keep bulky items before the new residence is ready. Alternatively, many people rent a separate storage to store their belongings. Storage units should provide security measures, such as gating and monitoring.
How much does storage cost?
Costs of storage units depend on your geographical location, the size of the storage unit and the company offering the space. Overall, you may expect to allocate around $30-$250 per month for a storage space to keep your belongings during your move. Some spaces are climate controlled allowing you to keep all types of items. Climate controlled storage spaces cost about 20% more compared to ordinary ones.
Typically, costs for storage space based on the size of the space run as follows:
- A small storage unit with the size of 5×5 ft may run about $30-50.
- A 10×15 unit ranges from $75-$140 per month. Climate controlled solutions costs around $115-$150.
- A larger unit with 10×20 space costs about $90-$150 per month or $170-$180 for climate controlled.
- Monthly rent for a 20×20 foot space is about $220.
- Portable on-demand storage or POD cost about $230.
- Sometimes a security deposit may be required.
Move out cleaning
Before you move out of your old house or office, you may ideally want to return it clean and tidy. Unfortunately, moving out is not the best time to manage cleaning up your house on your own, let alone get hold of some cleaning materials for that purpose. Cleaning services have proved efficient to provide deep cleans for your to-be-abandoned-soon house. Leave the nightmare of your bathroom and kitchen cleaning to trained cleaners and get busy with your other duties. A couple of cleaners can clean your house as if nobody has lived there before.
How much does move out cleaning cost?
On average, move out basic cleaning costs, around $150 – $250 on average. It includes dusting, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming. The rough price for a 1,000 sq. ft. home is $200. If you need to clean deeper, the prices might slightly go up. In addition to these cleaning services, other related services, such as carpet cleaning, furniture cleaning, window cleaning, as well as polishing or waxing, might be a little costly.
- Therefore one-time cleaning of a 900-square foot five-room apartment may cost $70-$200. A seven-room apartment runs about $90-$300 while a nine-room house with two floors may average $140-$400.
- As opposed to one-time cleaning, weekly or biweekly cleaning for apartments of the same size is roughly lower, respectively 50-$125 for a five-room house, $70-$150 for a seven-room apartment and $104-$180 for a larger house with about 2,000 square foot.
- Cleaning certain items, such as ovens or refrigerators are not included in the price. Oven and fridge cleaning costs about $25.
What is DIY moving?
When it comes to relocating house, many people try to opt for “do it yourself” options to save money as professional movers lend themselves expensive. DIY moving is the process of packing, hiring a truck and driving the truck to your destination. You don’t need to choose from the infinite number of movers and spend your budget on them.
DIY moving is logically a better and cost-efficient option in case if 1) you are moving locally, i.e. in your town or within 100 miles. 2) If you have previous moving experience, organizing and managing and self-move won’t be an issue. DIY moving offers greater control with added convenience to your move.
However, DIY moving can turn to be really mentally and physically exhausting especially if friends don’t show up to lend a helping hand. You should be mindful to find the right balance between ease and cost to make your move possible.
There are three common self-move options, particularly:
- Renting a moving truck which can accommodate most if not all your belongings.
- Rent a self-service moving container company which lends containers for you to pack your goods and transports them to your target location.
- Use your own car or vehicle which is a less stressful and more affordable option.
What is the cost involved in DIY moving?
DIY alternative of moving may seem the cheapest moving option at first glance but considering the little costs involved it is not always the best idea. DIY moving costs are determined taking into account the following factors:
- Truck rentals: If you don’t have a vehicle at hand to use during your move, you will need to rent a truck the cost of which depends on the distance and the duration of the rent.
- Insurance: Truck insurance usually costs around $150 to cover any damages on the way.
- Gas expenses: The fuel cost is typically not included in the rental price so you are in charge of paying for fuel consumption during your move. Sometimes you may be required to pay for fuel surcharge and return the truck with a specific amount of fuel in it. If you fail to do so, additional rental charges may apply.
- Packing supplies: Renting or purchasing packing materials, such as boxes, containers and bubble wrap add up to the costs of your move.
- Loading and unloading service: You might want a helping hand during the loading and unloading of your belongings which may cost you about $90 per hour.
How to save on your house moving?
It’s no secret that moving may cost you a great amount of money and you might be looking for keeping the costs down. Here are a handful of helpful tips to help you save on your house moving.
- Get rid of stuff you don’t need. Leave behind belongings you will hardly need or use. Ideally, you should find ways to sell those items in second-hand stores or retail shops.
- Move during the off season. Schedule your moving time wisely. Avoiding moving during the peak season will save you a lot of money. Keep in mind that most house moves take place between May and September. Summer is the most demanded season for moving and getting a bargain is almost impossible in this season. Scheduling your move on a weekday mid-month is an ideal option to keep your budget down.
- Book movers as early as possible. This strategy can prove beneficial as you might avoid escalating prices of the peak season. It is never too early to book a professional relocation company and be on the safe side as soon as possible.
- Connecting and disconnecting utilities. You will undoubtedly have furniture that needs connecting and disconnecting. If you have the skill and time to take care of this task, you will avoid the cost of hiring someone to do it for you.
- Storage expenses. Plan ahead to make sure you won’t need storage space during your move. Prepare all documentation for your new house in advance so that you can move your items in without any delay.
- Packing and unpacking. Although making use of a professional packing and unpacking service will save you time and take the stress out of your shoulders, it is an additional expense that you can avoid. If you have enough time and energy, given you don’t have fragile items that need special professional care, you can pack your stuff yourself or ask a few friends for a helping hand.
- Packing supplies. In order to transport your belongings in a safe and secure manner you need to obtain packing materials. One way to save money is to use second hand boxes and containers or ask your moving company to lend you the supplies and boxes.
How to save on your office moving?
Budgeting appropriately for your office move may seem a real nightmare given the variety of moving services involved. Not only do you have to spend a considerable amount of money on your office move, but also shut down your office for a while before you restart your activities in your new office. Keep your spirits up while moving your office with our helpful tips.
- Keep your current office furniture. Many offices opt for new furniture when they move to a new location. Keeping your current furniture and giving it a new look by remanufacturing it may help you save up during your move.
- Sell unwanted furniture. Many small companies would love to obtain affordable second hand furniture or office supplies if you are not using them. Instead of leaving them behind, sell your office furniture online or through acquaintances.
- Share office space. It is becoming more and more common for offices to share space. It cuts down the rental costs and provides a whole new working experience. It is a great option if you want to save up some funds after your move.
- Negotiate the price. It’s no secret that many office movers are willing to keep the costs down if you manage to negotiate the services and prices. Choose an off-season to carry out your move and your removalist will most likely provide some discounts.
- Use your office labor. Set a special day for packing with the help of the staff. This is especially effective as you not only cut down the cost of a professional packers but also more optimally decide which items to choose for moving.