Does it cost extra to move internationally?
- Yes, the cost of moving internationally is higher than moving locally because of the large distance, longer timespan of the move, and other third-party costs such as inspection fees and duties. As with all other types of removals, the quotations that we provide for international relocations are fully transparent. A breakdown of every single cost associated with your move is listed in your quotation so that you know exactly what services you are paying for.We only charge you based on the services that you require but cannot guarantee what third party costs might incur when moving internationally, though we will always be available to guide you about such costs including quarantine fees, taxes, and duties.
Can you move my car overseas?
- Yes, we can. Our international removals services include automobile relocations under which we cover all kinds of car/motorbike/SUV/truck removals. Depending on your requirements, we will ship your car along with your other belongings or separately. Our skilled team of movers are experts in international automobile relocations and this is the reason we make use of specialized equipment and techniques such as braces and blocks to ensure maximum safety of your car during transportation overseas.
Can I carry my pet with me when moving overseas?
- In most cases, yes you can. Unless there is a specific restriction by the country you are moving to, there are usually no issues with relocating pets internationally. With our services, you can choose to both carry your pet with you on your personal transport or you can opt for our international pet removals services whereby we take care of your pet and ensure its secure relocation to your new destination. If you would like to learn more about pet relocations and whether you should take your pet abroad, please get in touch with our customer support.
How long will it take to move my belongings to the destination country?
- It is difficult to provide an estimate of the exact time it will take to ship your valuables without knowing your exact requirements. The factors that can influence the move’s timeline include the distance to be traveled, the mode of transportation, and the customs and clearance process in the destination country. Typically though, here are some approximate timescales for how long it takes for us to ship belongings to some popular destinations: • New Zealand: 1 – 2 weeks for single-use containers and 2 – 3 weeks for shared containers. • United Kingdom (UK): 7 – 8 weeks for single-use containers and 10 – 12 weeks for shared containers. • East coasts of Canada or United States: 5 – 6 weeks for single-use containers and 7 – 8 weeks for shared containers. Please note that these are just shipment times and the exact timescale for the move will include the time for packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking as well.
How much will I have to pay for customs clearance? Will there by other charges that I will have to pay at the port?
- There are a number of costs that incur at the destination port once all of your valuables have been shipped. These include the customs clearance fees, inspection fees, taxes, and duties. The exact costs and their type will vary depending on the destination country. For instance, all such costs on the Australian port are payable locally once the belongings are shipped to your destination. Upon your request, we can provide you with estimated costs that you will have to bear on the destination port in our quotation for international relocations.
Do you offer international insurance?
- Yes, we have a global insurance policy that covers you no matter where you are relocating to. When moving with us, if any of your belongings are damaged or lost during the time that we were responsible for them (typically between the packing and unpacking stages of moving) then we will reimburse you with the amount claimable for those valuables. This insurance is valid worldwide and you can make claims by contacting our local office here in Australia or getting in touch with one of our regional offices located across the globe.
Who should I contact when I arrive at my destination country?
- Once you make a booking with us, we provide you with all the contact details of both our local and destination representatives. In addition to this, just before your department, we provide you with a contact sheet that contains information about our offices, representatives, and third-party contractors who you can reach out to once you arrive at the destination country. In most cases, we inform our representatives in advance prior to your arrival and they contact you as soon as you arrive but in the case that they do not, you can always use the contact sheet to find out who to get in touch with. In case of any urgent matters, you can get in touch with our local customer support or one of our local representatives as well.
Do I have to be present for customs clearance?
- This depends on your destination country but the general rule of thumb is that you should be present. Since you are the owner of your belongings and can vouch for the purpose/use/value of each belonging, it is recommended that you or one of your family members are present during the customs clearance at the destination country.
When should I book my move for international removals?
- We recommend our customers to book international relocations at least 3 months before they plan to move. This is because, unlike local removals, international removals require a great deal of paperwork and precise planning to execute perfectly. Therefore, the more the time available, the better it is. For international moves, we even provide you with a move consultant who guides you through the relocation process so that everything is in order on moving day.
What will happen if I exceed the shipment volume?
- It is our best practice to always plan ahead and estimate shipment volumes beforehand to avoid exceeding shipment limits but in the rare case that you do exceed the shipment volume, we load them in any of the containers that have space available. If sufficient space is not available then your belongings are returned to our warehouse and they are then transported using the next available container, for additional charges per unit of space required.Please note that in such cases your belongings will not all arrive at the destination port at the same time and it may lead to increased inspection fees as well, therefore, it is advised to remain strictly within the shipment volume limits. Please contact our team if you would like to learn more about the shipment limits for international relocations.
Are there any items that I cannot move internationally?
- Yes, there are a number of good that are not loaded on the shipment containers, due to international restrictions or company policy. The items that you cannot move and should dispose/recycle include creams, flammable liquids and gases, food items, jewelry and precious stones, collectible coins, drugs and alcohol, batteries (particularly lithium batteries), toxins and poison, printer cartridges, ammunition, guns, and aerosol cans. For the complete list of forbidden items, please get in touch with our team.
Do you provide storage for international moves?
- Yes.We have storage facilities available in several countries across the globe. We can arrange for storing your valuables and deferring shipment and/or keeping your belongings safe for as long as you would like. Our international storage plans are available at a per item per month rate as well as a per unit of storage per month rate, whichever suits you better. All of our storage facilities are safe and secure and you can even extend your insurance to cover all valuables that are stored in our warehouses.
How can I keep track of my belongings?
- We have an online shipment tracking system available for international shipments that enables customers to monitor and track their consignments every step on the way. Not just this, but we provide you with regular updates on the current location as well as the estimated arrival date of your shipments via email as well. You can also get in touch with our customer support with your invoice reference to learn more about the current status of your belongings that are in transit.
What is the next step after my belongings have arrived at the destination port?
- The first step after your valuables have been shipped is to fulfill all customs formalities which include quarantine and inspection processes. We provide all your shipment documentation and contact details to our representatives on the destination port in advance. Once your belongings arrive at the destination, our representatives get in touch with us to guide you through the next steps to get all your valuables cleared. Once the clearing process is complete, our team arranges for the delivery of your valuables to your doorstep in the destination country at a date of your choosing. All of our international representatives have excellent knowledge of local practices and processes and therefore, they provide you with complete assistance from the point the items reach the destination to the point where you start redecorating your new home or office.
Who will deliver my belongings to my home or office in the destination country?
- Interstate Removalists Sydney has a comprehensive network of overseas offices, representatives, and third-party removalists who help in delivering high-quality services to you, even when moving abroad. Our representatives (employed by us or contracted out by our trusted third-party removalists) take care of the delivery and all other remaining services. The services that they provide includecustoms clearance guidance, transportation from port to your new home or office, arrangement of adequate storage facilities as needed, and unpacking and redecoration services (which include furniture reassembly).
How should I plan my overseas move?
- There are some steps that you can take to effectively plan for your move which include: • Starting as early as possible, ideally 2 – 3 months before you plan on moving. • Contact your removals service early and get them involved. • Separate the items that you want to keep, store, dispose, sell, and give away. Make adequate arrangements for all your items that you will not be taking with you. • Pack a separate bag for all items that you will need with you (such as food items travel tickets, jewelry, passports, and medicines) and keep them with you during travel. • Get familiar with the customs clearance process, taxes, duties, laws, and regulations of the destination country. • If you own a vehicle then get an international license made.
Can you provide storage for my goods before they are shipped?
- Yes. We have state-of-the-art storage facilities available all across Australia that are CCTV-monitored and temperature-controlled. If you want to store your valuables before you ship them to your destination country then just get in touch with us and we will take them off your hands. Our insured and economical warehouse services are designed to store belongings for long periods of time. If you are traveling prior to arriving in your destination country then please let us know and we will arrange storage before shipping your valuables to ensure that they are shipped at the right time (to coincide with your arrival time).
Do you provide international goods-in-transit insurance?
- We provide a comprehensive international insurance plan that covers goods in transit. To provide you with complete peace of mind, our goods-in-transit insurance covers the full replacement cost of all your valuables on an all-risk and door-to-door basis. Not just this, but our goods-in-transit also covers mechanical and electrical derangement as well as damage that is done by mildew and mold. Therefore, when relocating internationally with Interstate Removalists Sydney, there is nothing to worry about since all your belongings being shipped are covered under insurance.
Do you provide door-to-door international removals?
- Yes, our services cover the entire moving process starting from the planning right down to the redecoration stage. The first half of the move (up to the transportation) is taken care of by our reliable and skilled local movers. The second half of the move which starts after your valuables arrive at the port is taken care of our representatives at the destination country. This includes unloading, unpacking, furniture reassembly, and redecoration. We provide you with complete peace of mind by taking all the moving work away from your hands.
Do you have offices located in the destination country?
- We have a global network of offices that are strategically placed to provide maximum convenience to all our customers. There are some locations though where we do not have brick and mortar presence but in such regions, we have contracted with reliable third-party removalists who take care of the move from there onwards for you. By partnering with the most renowned and trusted removalists in each country, we ensure that our customers receive the same premium quality of service that they are accustomed to.If you would like to learn whether we have an office in your destination country or are contracted with a third party, please contact us.